Muscle and joint pain Balmain & Rozelle, Sydney
Muscle and joint pain is referred to as musculoskeletal pain. Pain may range from mild to severe and from acute and short-lived to chronic and of long duration and may be local or widespread (diffuse).
Musculoskeletal pain can be caused by problems with bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bursae, or a combination. Acute and chronic injuries are the most common cause of pain in the musculoskeletal system.
Common causes of musculoskeletal pain includes:
- Bone pain
- Muscle pain
- Tendon and ligament pain
- Bursae pain
- Joint pain (called arthralgia).
Muscle and joint type pain can also come from
- Compressed nerves
- Problems in other organs (referred pain)
- Conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Inflammatory conditions.
What to do about muscle and joint pain
The best place to start is to contact your chiropractor or medical doctor. At Sydney Spine & Sports Centre (S3C) our chiropractors approach your muscle or joint pain through the following process:
- History (we ask you some questions about your problem)
- Physical Examination (we take a look at your problem)
- Assessments (we work out how best to treat you).
- Treatment (we treat your problem)
- Reassessment (we make sure we have done enough to help)
- Plan (we give you advice and home exercises to complete, so you continue to fix your problem between treatments).
Common conditions treated
- Ankle and foot pain
- Elbow and forearm pain
- Head and jaw pain
- Hip and groin pain
- Intervertebral disc pain
- Knee and leg pain
- Low back and pelvis pain
- Mid and upper back pain
- Neck and chest pain
- Shoulder and arm pain
- Wrist and hand pain
Suburbs we service in Sydney
- Balmain East
- Croydon Park
- Five Dock
- Forest Lodge
- Hunters Hill
- Russell Lea
- Sydney CBD