Intervertebral disc infection
Intervertebral discs can become inflamed and infected. Inflammation of a disc is called inflammatory discitis. Infection of a disc is called infective discitis. When a disc is infected, it is a severe condition that requires urgent medical attention.
The symptoms of a disc infection can range depending on the nature, location and severity of the infection. Neck and back pain is common. Signs of general body infection may or may not be apparent. For more information, please review with your medical practitioner.
Any disc infection is a severe condition that requires urgent medical treatment.
For more information on intervertebral discs, read the articles below by our Balmain and Haberfield chiropractors
- Intervertebral disc summary
- Degenerative intervertebral discs (technical)
- Degenerative intervertebral discs (non-technical)
- Normal Vs pathological intervertebral disc changes
- Intervertebral disc bulge
- Intervertebral disc herniation
- Intervertebral disc protrusion
- Intervertebral disc extrusion
- Intervertebral disc sequestration
- Intervertebral disc fissures
- Intervertebral disc tears