Intervertebral disc infection
Intervertebral disc can become inflamed and infected. This is called inflammatory discitis or infection discitis, when a disc is infected and is an extremely serious condition. Other causes of discitis include inflammatory responses to spondyloarthropathies.
Symptoms of disc infection
The symptoms of a disc infection can range however neck and back pain is common. Signs of infection may or may not be apparent.
Treatment of disc infection
Our Balmain and Rozelle chiropractors and physiotherapists do not treat disc infection and you will be referred immediately should a disc infection be considered. At Sydney Spine & Spots Centre (S3C) Balmain and Rozelle your safety and health is what matters to us most. We offer the highest standards in chiropractic and physiotherapy.
For more information on intervertebral discs, read below
- Intervertebral disc summary
- Degenerative intervertebral discs (technical)
- Degenerative intervertebral discs (non-technical)
- Normal Vs pathological intervertebral disc changes
- Intervertebral disc bulge
- Intervertebral disc herniation
- Intervertebral disc protrusion
- Intervertebral disc extrusion
- Intervertebral disc sequestration
- Contained and uncontained intervertebral disc herniation
- Intervertebral disc high intensity zones
- Intervertebral disc dehydration
- Intervertebral disc fissures
- Intervertebral disc tears
- Traumatic intervertebral disc injury