Martin Frutiger is a qualified chiropractor at Sydney Spine & Sports Centre (S3C) Balmain with years of experience in diagnosing, treating and preventing a wide range of neuromusculoskeletal disorders.
Martin completed a Master of Chiropractic degree at Macquarie University in 2015 during which time he conducted research on degenerative meniscal tears of the knee and represented his graduating cohort at the Macquarie Science Experience 2015.
Martin is a postgraduate researcher at Macquarie University, Faculty of Science and Engineering. In January 2018, Martin was awarded his Master of Research from Macquarie University. Martin has published several peer-reviewed scientific papers on public health and occupational medicine, and has presented his research at the World Federation of Chiropractic Conference in Washington D.C. in March 2017. Martin has made substantial contributions fields of occupational and environmental medicine research. His interest is in the management of occupational musculoskeletal conditions with expertise in neck pain.
Martin is currently in the process of becoming fully credentialed in McKenzie Therapy and being the second chiropractor in Australia to be awarded the McKenzie certification from the McKenzie Institute International. This offers chiropractors, physiotherapists and medical doctors the highest education standards in mechanical diagnosis and therapy (MDT).
Martin is also continuously involved at Macquarie University as a Neuroanatomy Tutor to undergraduate medical and allied health students and with his research.
Martin has an evidence-based approach to diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions and tailors his treatment to the individual needs of his patients. He uses a hands-on approach with a variety of treatment techniques and encourages patients to actively participate in their care. He has a keen focus on the management of musculoskeletal injuries and aspires to continue learning sound clinical techniques.
Martin joins the Sydney Spine & Sports Centre (S3C) team with a range of qualifications, including:
- Diploma of Remedial Massage (RMT)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Graduate Diploma of Chiropractic (Grad.Dip Chiro)
- Master of Chiropractic (M.Chiro)
- Master of Research (M.Res)
- Clearly communicate your diagnosis, prognosis and possible treatment options, which may not just be the ones we offer
- Be honest and open on advice about your injury
- Give you the tools and strategies to be more active in your management and avoid re-injury
When Martin isn’t treating, he enjoys:
- Participating and competing in sports, including tennis, skiing, cycling, kayaking, Muay Thai, hiking and rock climbing
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with an interest in cooking
- Further education, involved in tertiary education, and professional development
- Reading and involved in research focusing on occupational and environmental medicine and public health
- Being active in social and non-for-profit organisations in Sydney