Martin Frutiger is a qualified chiropractor of Sydney Spine & Sports Centre (S3C). He is experienced in diagnosing, treating and preventing a wide range of musculoskeletal disorders.
Martin completed his studies at Macquarie University, during which time he conducted research on degenerative meniscal tears of the knee, curriculum mapping of the 2-year Master in Chiropractic course, and completed a thesis on risk factors and workplace interventions for neck pain in office workers.
Martin has an evidence-based approach to diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions and tailors his treatment to the individual needs of his patients. He uses a hands-on approach with a variety of treatment techniques and encourages patients to actively participate in their care. Martin has a keen focus on the management of sport-related musculoskeletal injuries and aspires to continue learning sound clinical techniques.
Martin is continuously involved at Macquarie University as a Neuroanatomy Tutor to undergraduate medical and allied health students, and with his ongoing public health research. Martin was also proud to present his research at the World Federation of Chiropractic Conference in Washington D.C. in March 2017.
- Clearly communicate your diagnosis, prognosis and possible treatment options, which may not just be the ones we offer
- Be honest and open on advice about your injury
- Give you the tools and strategies to be more active in your management and avoid re-injury
When Martin isn’t treating, he enjoys:
- Participating and competing in sports, including tennis, skiing, cycling, kayaking, Muay Thai, hiking and rock climbing
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with an interest in cooking
- Further education and research focusing on public health
- Being active in social and non-for-profit organisations in Sydney
- Travelling and experiencing different cultures and traditions
Martin is a qualified practitioner with years of education in the field of chiropractic care. He uses safe, gentle and effective evidence-based practice to diagnose, treat and manage pain-related musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
Martin joins the Sydney Spine & Sports Centre (S3C) team with a range of qualifications, including:
- Diploma of Remedial Massage (RMT)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Graduate Diploma of Chiropractic (Grad.Dip Chiro)
- Master of Chiropractic (M.Chiro)
- Master of Research (M.Res)